Removing internal wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to have an interior wall removed.
It's inside my ex-council flat in London, part of the kitchen and is about 800mm wide and 100mm thick. I think it's thin breeze block.
One builder has told me that it's not load bearing, but I want to make sure this is right so I want to speak to the right people.
I've gone through lots of pages online looking and Building Control and such like, but can someone point me in the right direction of asking the right person and getting the work done properly, safely and guaranteed?

Really appreciate it

(have attached a picture too. No idea how the ceiling is structurally)

Attachments

• 20150809_185743.jpg
    20150809_185743.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 138
Sponsored Links
Can't really tell much from the picture, but this might help...

Thanks for that. Because it's a council flat it's really difficult (and I'mfar from qualified) to identify it as load bearing. I just need to know where I should be looking to find the right person who can advise. I'm wary of just asking any old builder and getting bad information

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back