Removing masonry paint from patio

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there.

I need some help please...!

Can someone please suggest the best way to remove white masonry paint from patio/stone?

I painted the house white and some has fallen on the floor below. Tried white spirit and it was useless, so was a jet wash. And now reckon I need something a lot stronger. But also don't want to discolour the patio too much (they're old red and beige stones).

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Really? Sanding works?! If that works, I'll be over the moon!

Thanks.

Read about brick acid but read on here it can just clean the brick/stone but not actually remove the paint? But may be an option. Do the wire wheels work?

Wire wheels on a drill should work.

Sanding requires a better quality paper that won't go blunt after a minute or two.

The paint is unlikely to have penetrated by more than 0.5mm at the most.

Photos of the stone work would be useful.

Sponsored Links

Attachments

• PATIO.png
    PATIO.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 326
I don't think the paint stripper will make much difference. They normally only break down oil based paints. Cellulose breaks down wb paints pretty quickly but I am not sure that cellulose will help much given that the paint has soaked in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back