Removing radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm planning to remove a radiator from my pressurised system. Presumably (after switching off the system and draining) I can just cap off the two copper pipes with suitable compression fittings. At my local DIY place they told me I could just fold the copper pipes over instead of putting on compression fittings - is it easy to do? Does the fold need to be crimped or something?

For info, I'm eventually planning to tile over the capped off pipes. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Whhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fold the pipes over, what a dick head, fit proper compression fittings as you first suggested.

At my local DIY place they told me I could just fold the copper pipes over instead of putting on compression fittings

that's so they can sell you the gear to repair the ceiling when it finishes up on the floor :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Thanks for the replies, will use compression fittings. One more question, I had intended to drain the system but read a bit about freezing pipes on this forum, this sounds much easier than draining. Can I do this if the system is closed/pressurised?

If I do go ahead and drain, how do I add inhibitor when I refill?

Sponsored Links
images

with one of these via a rad ;)

Pressurised system, screw any caps on auto airvents down release the pressure through rad bleed screw when the flow stops system should have created a vacum in it`s self.close bleed You can then cut the pipes one at a time and seal with caps as very little to no water should come out and remember to loosen auto air vent caps when finishe and repressurise

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back