Removing Rafiki Twinflex Multipoint Detector

Sponsored Links
There's a special tool... :rolleyes:

You'll want steps so that you can look through the black slits. There's a little catch on the upper side that you have to push in with a small screwdriver which will allow you to twist the black slits a little anti-clockwise and pull down. Then there's more gubbins inside to remove...

It would be easier to stick a disposable rubber glove or some cling-film over it and paint round! ;)

You choose!

Sponsored Links
What sort of property is this? Do you have permission to modify the fire alarm system? Have you worked with fire alarm cable before?

Oops! Didn't read the OP properly :oops:

If it's not your fire alarm, stick to the glove/cling film trick and paint round them. These are not smoke alarms, they're detectors on a fire alarm. If you don't know about fire alarms, you shouldn't move them!

Save yourself loads of bother and leave them where they are. It's gonna rain all day tomorrow so paint round them and watch the Jubilee on telly!

I don't know if it's just me but I used to have no end of trouble with rafiki heads. They just seem to fault all over the place. I installed a system about a month ago and one of the heads gave us a load of grief. The actual systems are a good idea for small commercials, but the head / base design really sucks.

Yeah - I had a dead MCP a couple of monthts back.

We don't do a lot of fire systems but this one looks good for blocks of flats and the like. One thing's for sure, I wouldn't mess around with one of these unless I had to! I wonder if Aziz1 has FP200 and suitable JBs and glands...

Just to clarify, this is my own house. I found the Twinflex alarm system installed when I moved in. It doesn't work, and I'll either get rid of it or get it fixed at a later date. But regardless, I'm re-decorating one of the rooms and I need to remove it temporarily to fix the damaged plaster on the ceiling, and the cabling to it is inside some ugly surface mounted trunking.

I bought the head removal tool and removed the outer plastic cover, but I can't see any fixing screws inside the unit. http://www.directtradesupplies.co.uk/media/catalog/product/m/u/multipoint_head_removal_tool.jpg

I'll take a picture tomorrow.

EDIT: I'm getting married in 3 months and need to fix up the marital bedroom before then, so don't have funds or time to get this fixed or the entire system removed, that's why I'm asking.

I don't know who these people are but I found this handbook on the www

http://www.handsome-security.co.uk/Twinflex-Ops.pdf

Look at page 22 (28th page). Another special tool and a plug-in module. The base will be screwed from below... It's probably a good idea to power the control panel down and disconnect the batteries inside before you start ripping things out.

Just to clarify, this is my own house. I found the Twinflex alarm system installed when I moved in. It doesn't work,

How do you know this? Have you the correct test equipment?
It sounds like this was done professionally or needed for insurance purposes.
Why do you want to move them? You do understand about "dead spots" and how a detector could not work if misplaced?
It is also a temperamental system if not installed correctly, so messing with it can cause more issues.
Paint around them and get it professionally tested, it may save your families life one day.
Cheap at half the price.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back