Removing Siemens rcr/10/433 receiver unit when installing hive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Looked extensively but can't find a definitive answer to this.

Existing system is Worcester Bosch 30cdi boiler with potterton ep6002 controller and Siemens rdh10rf wireless roomstat ( and accompanying receiver unit rcr10/433-gb).

I am installing the Hive 2 ( water and heating) to replace the potterton and Siemens units.

I have removed the potterton and replaced it with the hive receiver unit ( wiring diagram attached). Everything worked fine as long as I turned up the Siemens roomstat to max.

So the next stage is to remove the existing wireless roomstat and accompanying receiver unit.

I have located the wire from the receiver unit to the "wiring centre" ( photo attached) which is White 4 core and earth, and removed it, but now the boiler doesn't fire up when the hive receiver is calling for heat for central heating.

I assume from reading about other thermostats that I may need to put a link in somewhere - but where?

The 4 cores from the Siemens are -

Black (has brown sheath) - connected to terminal along with wire from CH valve

Grey (has brown sheath) - connected to terminal along with a wire going to CH on in the hive receiver.

Blue and brown I assume are neutral and live.

Do I just put a link in between where the black and grey wires were?

Hive instructions useless as they just say remove batteries from roomstat!.

Help really appreciated - at the moment it's " so near yet so far"

Many thanks in advance

Steve

Attachments

• IMG_20211013_100212.jpg
    IMG_20211013_100212.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_20211013_080728.jpg
    IMG_20211013_080728.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 161
Sponsored Links
Whichever the 2 switching wires were at receiver end (L and Lx) these need to be joined together or wired so that ch on corresponds to the switch live for the thermostat.

Many thanks CBW

The black and grey wires went to L and LX, so can I just put a link in between the 2 terminals at the wiring centre which these 2 wires were removed from? ( Ch on to programmer and Ch motorised valve) or can I just put both those wires into the same terminal?

Sponsored Links
Thanks mate - I'll give it a crack!

Edit - looks like that did the trick - thanks again!

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back