Removing toilet seat with hidden fixings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone seen this kind of toilet seat. All fixings are hidden. There are no buttons or screws on the chrome visible even at the back.

Driving me mad!

TIA

Attachments

• toilet.jpg
    toilet.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 60
Sponsored Links
Thank you for this but I cannot see my screws anywhere on the back!

If you can remove the plastic seat (might have to break it) then the two chrome pieces may both slide outwards to expose the securing bolts. beneath.

If you look up from underneath the bowl, can you see anything? (mirror?)

Sponsored Links
Absolutely nothing visible in the bowl.

My chrome fitting looks different to the others in that i have a tiny bit that extends to under the seat as in the photo
20240313_190701.jpg

Here is a picture of mine, different design & bowl but no matter, I can't see how the bolts can be inside the bowl and should/must be visible on the outside from underneath. I just unclip and pull the seat forward to acces the securing bolts.

Attachments

• Toilet.jpg
    Toilet.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 37
I am not plumber.... I recently had to replace two loo seats that had brackets that looked very similar to yours

In the absence of any visible physical fittings, I decided to use my Japanese cat's claw to pry the fitting up. Turned out that the seat is held in place by two upright "pegs" with o-rings.

If you don't have a cat's claw, turn a chisel up side down and try to pry it up.

I will look up cats claw and let you know what happens. Or may be easier to chuck out the toilet

I will look up cats claw and let you know what happens. Or may be easier to chuck out the toilet

If you are less weedy that me, a quick yank (at a slight angle- left or right) might be sufficient to remove the seat. The seat may only be held in place by friction.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back