Removing UPVC Door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I need to remove a UPVC door to get some furniture in. Removing the window pane isn't an option as it's too small.

There seems to be a few screws that can be removed but I'm not sure which ones to take out to remove the door. I've labeled them 1,2 and 3

31000_30272_57409_22445144_thumb.jpg

There are 3 of these hinges on the door.

31000_30272_57410_51588469_thumb.jpg

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I'd opt for taking the 4 screws out, support the weight of the door when doing so, you should be fine

Can anybody tell me definitively how to remove my pvc door to get a piano in the house, is it the allan key bolts through the hinge or the four screws behind each cover plate? i was thinking removing the screws would make it difficult to realign when putting the door back? any words of wisdom? if i cant get it in ill have to move house! :LOL:

Hi

Just remove the screws on the door and support the weight under the door, the Allen keys are normally for adjustment.

Sponsored Links
Some upvc doors are hung on pins and can be readily lifted off the hinges provided there is enough room for the door to travel before say striking a door header reveal.

The one in the image obviously can not.

In my Ma's hoose i had to chop the header plaster off in order to remove her door, to allow access for one of those huge daft American larder fridges. US fridges - big, ugly, wasteful and FAT.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back