Removing wall light wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im getting my living room replastered and I want to get rid of the wall lights. Currently the wiring for these lights is exposed as per the photo below. I'll be getting an electrician round for other work so Ill ask him to sort this wiring out as well. But what will he need to do? Does the whole cable need pulling out completely or can it be capped off somehow?

IMG_6033_zpscd66430a.jpg

Sponsored Links
Best to remove it completely after disconnecting the far end.

Sometimes the cable end could be terminated in a back box with a blank front plate thus giving the option for re-instating the lamps in the future. But as the cable is not running vertically up the wall and not in a safe zone that the blank plate would create that is not an option.

If the other end of the cable can be accessed, it can be disconnected there and then the cable in the wall can be abandoned where it is.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back