Removing Wooden Curtain Pole

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need help!!!

Am trying to remove a wooden curtain pole in order to redecorate the room, have removed the pole but the bracket seems to be in two parts - one which goes on the wall, then the other which the pole slides through and is attached to the part which is on the wall.

Managed to remove 2nd part, but now cannot get to what looks like a very small screw/metal thing inside bracket to take off the wall.

Anyone got any ideas how to fix this problem?

Sponsored Links
I've came across this before, here's what you have to do......

get a tool that fits the small screw/metal thing and unscrew it.

Boy, don't call you the bullet for nothing!!!!

Wanted to know if anyone had encountered the same problem with getting to the thing inside!

Sponsored Links
I think it's on my profile somewhere, bit new to this

Think I've done it now

Surely just a long handled screwdriver, preferably with a fat comfortable handle to maximise leverage.

Make sure you identify whether its pozi-drive or phillips screw (if not flat blade).

I've tried long handled screwdrivers and the thing just won't come out, if you look at the picture it looks a bit like a hex screw which would mean allen key?

However have tried pozi & flat screwdrivers, allen keys (lots of sizes) and it still won't budge - which is why I posted this problem in the first place!!

I'm worried that the screw might've worn away too much from trying so many options that it won't budge at all, however even when looking at the other bracket the screw is hard to determine which type of screwdriver, allen key to get it out

I'm worried that the screw might've worn away too much from trying so many options that it won't budge at all
Very likely, perhaps the person who fitted them in the first place used the wrong screwdriver and mashed the screwheads. Probably made the mistake of using the screws supplied with the brackets as well.

Solution - a big hammer.

If you need to re-use drill small holes thru fitting around screw until it comes away from wall, this will allow you to remove the screw as you should be able to get pliers onto it or remove with claw hammer.When refitting the hole will be too large for screw so add a washer large enough to cover damaged area which will allow you to refit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back