rendering on parapet walls, but no flash cover?

Sponsored Links
probably you've only seen it done by jack of all trades or those who would be best plaster board tacking or trying to google the answer.

A or B is fine but no real need to cover the slate as in A
Bead can catch the flashing turn in for added security.

Unfortunately I don’t have the experience or the capability!

Do have the time at the moment though! :)

What is that gap between the top of the lead cover flashing and the render bead in the sketches :?::!:

Sponsored Links
Cover the lead with the bead.

Ok. I’m about to do this so I want to get it right!

Do you mean like C or D below? Screwed/nailed?
3B0E071A-CE0A-4700-9875-6660874AAB0A.jpeg

I saw this picture some where as well:

2292E155-6EEE-4055-8EEB-9989E0393E79.jpeg

You dont "cover the lead with the bead".
You never cover the lead with the BellCast.
The Bellcast stays above the flashing to allow easy removal of the flashing if necessary and, more important, to avoid lead expansion.
Neither do you ever render on to the lead flashing.
Sketches C & D are both wrong why not make it simple on yourself & do it like Sketch B as earlier advised.

The photo you introduce is also partly wrong & different:
Plastic beads not metal should be used on exterior work.
The one piece lead is not chased in.
Slates being used are in this thread not profiled tiles.
Most important - fixing the Bellcast like that is well wrong. Short story is that in time that fixing method might cause the lead the render and the Bellcast to fail.

Last edited:
"The bead just overlaps the lead and no more" - No it doesn't and it never has.

The Bellcast stays above the lead chase - a clear gap should be seen.

And? So what? Thats not proof for what you say - show us an Authority who agrees with you?

OP,
Ignore such a panicky, & misleading circular attempt to justify a bad practice - it was bad in 2007 and its bad now.

I will, no problem - but first show your authority. You were the one who made the Doolally reference. So sad.
Dont you know that simply repeating whats just been said is not an argument - its the limited mental ability to copy.
Oh I forgot - your never going to copy me again, wasn't that what you said? On more than one occasion.
Perhaps you will remember what you forgot? Age must be a terrible affliction?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back