Rendering quote

The bellcast and angle beads are all stainless :)

If we were doing this again I think we would use an external cement board aswell, to be honest. In fact, there's not a great deal stopping us changing to that system anyway. I will also look into that.

Sponsored Links
dont want to get into a row but galve will rust on the cuts at the end of the sheets,i haven't been able to use galve for years,rc im afraid a lot of steel mesh systems are started from the bottom up,i now its back to front but its the only way to go without filling the cavity,***** you now its all going to crack m8 ,thats a badly designed job!

Well, we decided to go with him in the end, against the advice from this forum. Barely a week after he finished, got paid, and left site - it all cracked up. :rolleyes:

Evidence from site showed he did virtually everything wrong - the mixes for the outer coats were too strong, the coats were all the wrong thickness, the timings were wrong, he made an incredible amount of mess and broke things, and in 3 or 4 places he'd not even finished! You were all able to spot the fact that the guy was a muppet, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt when I shouldn't have. After going through the court proceedings, he eventually coughed up an out-of-court settlement of about three quarters of what we paid him. :cry:

So I've lost several thousand pounds and months of hard work. Live and learn, swallow it and move on :mad:

BUT, if he had done his job properly it would all have been fine, the fundamental SYSTEM is sound, it was this guy's workmanship (or total lack of it) that failed, not the system. Just want to point that out :p

You paid your money , you took "your" choice !!!!

Sponsored Links
So are you going to have it re-done with batten - cement board - S/S mesh beads and bellcast and render??

Sorry it went t!ts up mate, but I think we all kinda knew where this was going, I am suprised it only lasted a week though :eek:

It's going to be redone with Renderpro boards and a JUB thin coat render system, by different people - who hopefully know what they're doing! They have experience using this system, and they did an excellent job of our internal plastering so we're confident of a good result this time :)

or maybe Lafarge GTEC Renderboard with a Parex render, as that's the system that has BBA certification.

At least it only took 2 days to rip it all down :LOL:

I take my hat off to you for coming back and admitting you were wrong, I know it's a bit late for you but hopfully others who come on here will see that the advice they get here is sound, even if they dont wanna hear it. Im glad that it was easy to remove and that you are going to have a durable and superoir finishing system clad onto your project. Best of luck for it this time!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back