Rendering Work Advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

New to the forum and not very DIY minded so hoping your expert knowledge will prove useful to me!

I am interesed in purchasing a property but the Home Evaluation Report says the following:

"The external rendering is in very poor condition and was noted to be cracked and broken and bossed in places. The front living room mullions are defective and badly cracked. The reinforced steel rods in behind the mullions are corroded and renewals are required urgently."

Estimated cost for work = £5,000.

I don't have pictures or sizes of areas affected I'm afraid but my questions are:-
Does this seem a fair estimate for this work?
Is this as urgently required as it sounds or could it be left a couple of years still?

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Sponsored Links
If the mullions are a structural item, i.e. no external lintelling, then their failure could mean problems with the external masonry above the windows.

Failure of the render may be more of a nuisance but could be allowing in water where you don't need it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back