repair quote &cowl question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Firstly, sorry about the long winded Q.
I have had a quote to repair the lead flashing round the chimney with code 5 flashing, costing £560.
Strip back and renew felt on flat roof over a bay window using 1 layer of 3B vapour barrier felt, 1 layer 2mm torch on underlay & 1 layer 4mm torch on flat sheet including welted drips to gutter, cut new raggle & insert lead apron to adjoining wall, costing£485.
General roof repair to front & back, ie supply & fit new slates and refit loose slates up to 6 front & 10 back. Install and fit 2 GC2 gas terminals to chimney, costing £404.
Would this sound resonable, I'm still awaiting further quotes.
Also, in the near furture I intend to have a living flame fire installed. This would replace the current unused and disconnected gas radiant fire. Would it be best to leave the cowl fitting till I know for definite which fire I'll buy. From searching here and many other sites I'm unsure if a GC2 cowl is appropriate, I suspect not.
Sorry it's so long and thank you for your patience. :oops:

happytraveller.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back