Repair Quote - does it sound a good deal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have had problems with my Protherm 80e combi

Tried various things with the help of this forum, cleaned pump etc...but with no success.

Problem could be the pump, 3 way valve could be something else.

nPower have quoted a fixed price of £235 includes, labour and parts up to a value of £600. If there is more than one fault and several parts required it is included in the price. If the engineer cannot fix the boiler there is no fee.

British Gas are quoting £210 but this only covers one fault / one part. If there is an unrelated fault then I have to pay on top.

I've gone for the nPower quote. Just checking was this a good idea or are there better deals out there.

Sponsored Links
i would say worth geting an independant . Part would be £60 to £100 each unlikely to need two, labour might be £50 to £100 depends on area.

Anyway it's easy to see where British Gas make money they would pay me £20 to fix that regardless of how much needed doing and whether I had to return with the part later. The part would cost them less than above figures also as they are such big buyers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back