Repairing a light fitting.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Had a little problem earlier trying to refocus one of the floods in my kitchen ceiling. Basically a bit too stiff and trying to twist it pulled it out of the plasterboard and the spring clips holding it up fell off. I think the flange they fit onto got a bit bent at the same time. Now I can't see how to attach the clips to hold the damn thing up, so I'd appreciate it if anyone could explain how they're supposed to sit for me with reference to the pics below:

Tim

Sponsored Links
I don't like the way I can see red/black wires coming out of the fitting :(

Assuming the fixings are held on the fitting, hold onto the two lower parts of the spring fixings and let the two longer ones go up into the plasterboard.
Then just push the fitting up.
The two shorter ones sit inside the edge of the hole keeping pressure on the two longer ones.
Or have I missed the point?

You're dead right there, I did have them the wrong way up!

Now just to work out how to get them to both fit at once without destroying the plasterboard or my fingers!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back