Have an issue with fitting recessed lights, not snug

Rocky the hole is as big as it states in the panflet thing

Regarding the the off cut plasterboard this was the very first thing i did when i got the lights in the first place. They seemed ok at the time, even like i mention around 10 out of 16 of the lights ive fixed are nice and snug, its strange how just some of them are slightly off with two of them bein a little worse than the others. Let me follow up with some photos i took today, give me 5 mins to upload

Sponsored Links
Regarding the the off cut plasterboard this was the very first thing i did when i got the lights in the first place. They seemed ok at the time,

So do it with the ones that don't work...

It might sound daft, but are your wires long enough?

I did some PL downlights similar to yours a few months back, and with the gear tray sticking a bit of a way from the fitting, by time you had got all the fitting into the hole, it was pulling tight on the wiring preventing the fitting from just sitting in quite right.

It was an easy cure in the end, but had us baffled for a few moments :LOL:

RF, are you on about the main wire going into the unit or the individual cores i.e. live neutral and earth

btw here are the images

25092008252.jpg

25092008253.jpg

27092008255.jpg

27092008256.jpg

27092008257.jpg

27092008258.jpg

27092008259.jpg

27092008260.jpg

Sponsored Links
As you can see they dont look too bad from here. Even when in the premises they dont look too bad unless you concentrate on the ones im concerned about or you look at the two that give off the hologram

Nice work

But the problem is with the clip

That is what we need to see.
In a peice of board

By the way how come only one wire in each light

Rocky thanks for the compliment, everything has been self taught ;) btw everything you see apart from the mains electricity is done by myself.

Regarding the single wire, I have junction boxes in place so have a single 1.5 coming off each junction box and into the lighting unit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back