Repairing the catch on Neff dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My friend has a Neff dishwasher, on which the catch has snapped off (see pic for a clue). In fact, only half has snapped off.

If she can stump up the money for a new catch how would I remove the old, broken bit - are they glued in?

Failing that, I was thinking of bodging something to trick the catch mechanism insode the door.

Help!

Sponsored Links
She says it just says Neff. On my Bosch (which is identical, so far as I can see) it just says Bosch.

Sponsored Links
It is laser engraved on the inside edge of the door lip. It may be difficult to read in poor lighting conditions. But believe me it is there...on yours as well. Get her to note the "E" number & post it here...it looks something similar to this: SGU160SN/02

OK will do. Given the number, what will you be able to tell me? Is it likely to be replacable without knackering the door too much?! Thanks for your help

It should be easy to change...I need the E-number so I don't give you the wrong part-number or duff info.

These are usually fairly easy to change but you need to pull the machine out of the cavity to do it.

The catch on the chassis is held in by a screw/bolt or clipped in on the top of the machine.

Thanks a lot. I will see how it goes....don't go away - I may be needing you when it arrives!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back