Replace ball valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi... Hope your all safe out there. My central heating is gravity fed and the water tank is in the loft. When it was installed years ago the person who installed it fitted the tank as high as he could and didn't leave any room for maintenance like replacing the ball cock. I can't get my hands in to take out the ball cock. The tank is nearly up to the roof trusses. My thinking is to cut a piece from the top of the tank on one side of the tank about 2" above the overflow line this will give me room to get to the ball cock as long as I leave 2" above the overflow line I should be OK........ any thoughts. cheers mick coulson

Sponsored Links
To be honest, with only 3 connections to the cistern, (supply, overflow and outlet to heating), I'd be more inclined to drain some water out the system, enough to empty the cistern, disconnect and remove it, (supply will need to be off anyway to change ball cock), replace ball cock as required, then put it back and reconnect pipes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back