Replace Danfoss oilpump with Suntec

Sponsored Links
Yep, 1 small bottle of 200ml treats 1000l of kero, if I remember. About a tenner a shot but it could be cheaper on line.
The other guys may comment on its performance but my system has an Atkinson filter bowl with a gauze screen inside, and I always ensure that no water gets to the pump - which is a sure killer.
John :)

Last edited:
What happens is a while ago to meet the emissions act oil firms took out some of the sulpher from
the fuel oil as sulpher is a natural lubricant it played he'll with some pumps so you need to replace the oils lubricity,if you like you have to make the oil more slippery daft eh.Bob

The same applies with modern diesel engines, Bob - when ultra low sulphur diesel became the norm, high pressure fuel pumps were failing big time until the fuel companies did something about it.
Additives are available, naturally enough - and their formula is a closely guarded secret.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks again for the words of wisdom.

Final question to you all. Is there model/brand of oil pressure gauge that you prefer for oil boilers? Don't want to buy a pup

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back