Replace just the cistern on a closed coupled toilet??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
My cistern has cracked and is unusable. I need the toilet working asap cause were having guests at the weekend and was all set to get a 'toilet to go' from wickes when I noticed they do just cisterns, which would be a much easier job. Are the cisterns universal as such? Or do i need to fit a whole new toilet?

Thanks loads

joe

Sponsored Links
Usually they'll fit no problem. Just might not be a great match in terms of looks. Done a few like this for cheapskate landlords :D

May I add my pennorth?
Get a cistern that attaches via a metal bracket held in place by the syphon....my own loo has holes direct through the cistern and into the pan which just seems to be asking for trouble.
After that, match the depth of yours and match it as close as you can so that it contacts the wall.
John :)

I think I'll give it a go, not too bothered about colour matching it's a temp solution anyway (OH want's a new bathroom this year).

I've just checked the depth the same +/- 0.3cm the other dimensions are different but that shouldn't be a problem should it?

thanks for your help!!

joe

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back