5 Feb 2005
Reaction score
United Kingdom
I'd like to replace a brick outbuilding's roof from corrugated metal to corrugated plastic to use as a shed/greenhouse. Its just used a shed, very old, no insulation etc and used to store garden tools and misc junk

It 3.8x4.5 meters and built into a slope. The highest point is 2.5m. The back of the building faces the pavement (altgough you cannot see it from the pavement as theres a massive privett hedge). One side borders the neighbours driveway and has windows and the structure is visible to them. It forms part of the boundary wall.

Is swapping the corrugated metal for corrugated plastic a planning or building control notifiable thing? It would be a direct swap of the sheets.

Im unclear from the planning portal if I can DIY it, or, if it will get complicated and expensive.
Sponsored Links
Nothing to do with planning or building control.
crack on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links