replace UPVC door, keep existing frame?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's a Zenith 70s upvc door which is tatty but the frame is fine. Was wondering if these are standard fit mounting screws and fittings wise or will I have to do the frame too?

It's one of the "lift handle to engage locks" before locking types.

Sponsored Links
It might be possible if the locking mechs and hinges were the same probably best to go back to zenith, butto be honest you wouldnt be saving yourself any money and probably just making it harder to source the door

It's a Zenith 70s upvc door which is tatty but the frame is fine. Was wondering if these are standard fit mounting screws and fittings wise or will I have to do the frame too?

It's one of the "lift handle to engage locks" before locking types.

Mine field to be honest. With double glazing things move on at an alarming rate, extrusions, hardware, colour etc etc so to get a new sash made to fit your exsisting frame is just asking for trouble, theres no guarantee the hinges will be put in the same place same with the MPL mech, bite the bullet and get it complete

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back