replacement blades for a B&D scorpion saw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Need to get a new wood saw blade for my scorpion...cutting tree stump roots in the soil wasn't very good for it ..(either :mad: or :evil: or just plain stupid) Just found out how much they cost ...does any know if there are any other suitable (and cheaper) blades that are compatible?

Sponsored Links
the trouble you have is they are very resticted in there apeal as far as i know they are b/d specific
same sort off idea as a printer for £30 machine is subsidised and cheap running cost consumables is where they make there money

a reciprical would be cheaper for blades as they are more general :rolleyes:

how much was your saw!!!

Thanks Big All and sorry for not thanking you sooner -for some reason my settings had changed and I was no longer getting e-mail notification of replies....
The saw was on special offer at B&Q when I got it -around £35 -which makes the blade replacement pack half the price....

I have managed to get just the blade I need off e-bay - they have obviously cut up the pack with all 3 blades in it and are selling it off in bits -and making a profit on it -but then I saved a few quid not getting the blades that I won't need...and I'll keep the knackered blade for cutting tree roots...':evil:' (no... I just will not do that again!!!) and use the new one for timber...

I looked at all the replacement blades in B&Q and could see that none seemed to fit ...and it is annoying when you see how cheap (especially) jigsaw blades are... I think if I need to use a jigsaw I'll use the scorpion until the blade breaks and then go buy a cheap jigsaw and pack of replacement blades - for the price of one pack of scorpion blades...thanks again
Lucy

Sponsored Links
this is the problem trying to work out if you are throwing good money after bad

a jigsaw is certainly a more flexible /accurate tool in a practicable way

the reason you didnt thank me before was that feature wasnt there last time you posted on this thread lol :D

anyway if you are building up your diy kit i would suggest you look at ryobi one plus kit as they have over 25 tools that fit the same batteries
http://www.ryobitools.co.uk/PToneplus08/index.asp

you can in general get a jigsaw hammer drill 2 batts charger and kit bag for a ton

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back