replacement boiler

Sponsored Links
As I mentioned before, it depends on current and future needs.
Find a good installer, explain what you need in terms of heating and hot water, and let him advice you.
Too many factors involved to make the best choice from behind a keyboard.

Bengas .
How do you know worcester has the best back up and service of any uk company if as you say you have never had a call back and only done 2 repairs on its predecessor.
To know how good they they are would suggest you have had to use them to attend to breakdowns

I guess as a engineer i am a little strange because i don't like Valliant or Worcester.

valliant because of after sales and worcester because of their boilers(though don't have much experience with newer models)

we only fit boilers that we have a van full of spares for which means the back up is second to no one for the boiler we fit. in my view almost all boilers manufacturers after sales are lacking because;

A, it is expensive to do right and
B, good after sales gets abused by bad installers.

in some ways the cheap brands are better because at least you know what your getting...

Sponsored Links
Bengas .
How do you know worcester has the best back up and service of any uk company if as you say you have never had a call back and only done 2 repairs on its predecessor.
To know how good they they are would suggest you have had to use them to attend to breakdowns
Whenever there is something I don't know, regardless of whether it is about a new model, a fault I can't identify, a part number, or something as simple as a setting or value for a boiler when I don't have the manual handy, or the size of an o-ring for a 14 year old boiler, they answer my call quickly, professionally and in a most helpful way.

Had a display fried by lightning, outside warrantee period; 2 reasons why vailant most likely would say it is not their problem, WB replaced it next morning.

Was it c-500 that had a batch with electrode seal that hardened? Serviced one and called WB when I found duff seal. Customer had not bothered to send warrantee card in, but all WB asked was: would you like someone to come and fix it in the morning or afternoon?

Compare vailant with ecomax failing flueseal:
V: there is not issue with the flueseal. We don't have the flueseal available as a part anyway, you have to buy a whole fluekit. "no idea what it will cost, ask your supplier".

And that after 40 minutes on hold on the bleeding phone.

With mehran on this i think worcesters are expensive to fix pain in the ass to work on have a stupid 15 minute purge and self test on initial start up and anytime power switched off. a pain of a built in filling loop that wont fill unless heating circuit is on. Vaillant living on past name gained with sine18 now around 27 year old and the boiler that replaced it the 242e. Started going down after the turbomax and also too complicated for what is req..
But life would be dull if we all agreed

I bet we do agree that the best boiler can be killed by a bad installer though.
What was the one called after the sine? Mini combi? micro combi? The one with the half dozen or so hydraulic pipes that operated the diverter on the righthand side? Still thousands of them happily working.

242e is the one your thinking of . Really reliable simple to work on excellent pcb`s that very very rarely went , divertor was bullet proof although loads where changed by miss diagnosis of the servo valve gone.
Water delivery wasnt brilliant though.
Only 2 faults i can think of on them was the servo and then the plastic heat exchanger leaking needing changing to plate type.

I know the one you mean. It's the one I haven't a clue how to fix :oops: :eek: :LOL:
You gotta be joking.
Nothing to it.
Make sure all the pipes and connections are free of carp.
Check that the moving dufa on the right moves freely, and enough.
Check that the switches actually make and break.
Boiler works.

Last one I worked on had exactly this problem caused by the usual lack of inhibitor.
Owner insisted it was a problem with the timer, as the boiler would not work properly no matter whether timer was on or off.
New timer, boiler still did not work. :rolleyes:
Just to make sure I got paid, I adjusted the play in the lever.
Bet he has replaced it now with modern junk. :cry:

What was the one called after the sine? Mini combi? micro combi? The one with the half dozen or so hydraulic pipes that operated the diverter on the righthand side? Still thousands of them happily working.

combi compact & thermocompact is what your thinking of I presume.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back