Replacement circuit board for 2D task light?

Sponsored Links
my one just has a standard choke and starter in it , personally id buy a cheap h/f 2d and use the bits to rebuild it

Sponsored Links
Hi guys

Thanks for your replies - all very helpful. I have to admit that I'm a bit useless when it comes to electronics (house rewire - no problem!).

Securespark - I'm tempted by the LED lamp, but as it's a light for working on site, I'm a bit worried about it getting broken - no problem if it's a cheapo flurry, but LED a bit more expensive to replace!

So the other two suggestions
Rocky - they all seem to be as expensive as a new site light!
Flameport - no I'm not in a rush - but is it just a case of removing the circuit board an connecting 230V to that bit of kit? (Even I might be able to manage that!)

thanks in advance

SB

Flameport - no I'm not in a rush - but is it just a case of removing the circuit board an connecting 230V to that bit of kit? (Even I might be able to manage that!)
Yes, that's it. No different to wiring up any other light fitting.
The lamp plugs directly into it, only other thing is a couple of screws to fix it in place.

Did you drop your task lamp? I dropped mine from about 4 feet high and the circuit board blew up!

All you need is a high frequency ballast which matches the input voltage and lamp wattage that you require. They're dead easy to connect.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back