replacement dewalt batteries

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a number of dewalt 18 volt battery power tools. A couple of the batteries are coming to the end of their life and so i am looking to replace them. They are currently 2.0 amp. Someone has suggested buying the newer 3.0 amp models. Any advantage in this and any problems in using them?

Sponsored Links
will they phsyically fit, and can your existing chrarger charge them?

Sponsored Links
another thing to keep in mind the 3ah batterys are approaching double the price over a 2ah battery
so it makes great sense to have 2x3ah if you are going to cane the batteries otherwise your probably better with 3 2ah batteries especialy if you have more than one tool otherwise your constantly changing batteries when one is on charge

Believe the 2 Ah ones are NiCad,and the 3Ah ones are NiMh - another case where for every person who tells you Nickel Metal Hydride are better,someone else will tell you that Nickel Cadmium are just as good - think the biggest thing is how long you use the tools for,away from mains electric (I can't normally run down one battery before the other is charged up again)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back