Upgrading dewalt 18v batteries

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have an old dewalt 18v combi set I think 7 or 8 items problem is it’s the old type batteries and the last 2 aren’t holding a charge a few minutes use and flat, I am off the tools now and was going to sell them but thought too keep them for diy. So what do I do buy a couple of copies and hope they last not being used regularly or jump in and get an adaptor and buy new batteries and charger .
Thanks

Sponsored Links
I have an old DeWalt 18v drill and have recently bought a new Dewalt multi tool and impact driver. They came with the new type batteries with the built in charge tester and charger. The batteries and chargers are interchangeable between them all, I don’t use any adaptors.

Sponsored Links
i have several old tools and several new tools
you need the genuine adapters with ears that come in blister packs costs about £50 as the cheepies can ruin batteries they also allow connection to flexvolt 18/54v that the ears on the genuine dont
now this was 3 to 4 years ago so newer knock offs may work ok but you will have to do your homwork to find out
this is what the decent looking copies look like but are not genuine the biggest give away was the chinease written stock lable on the shaft and the fact it when "pop"
not this actual supplier but the type
if you read the blurb no where does it say its dewalt or denuine dewalt just works with or for dewalt
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-18-2...010819?hash=item23dec07783:g:7jQAAOSwEOhfO~yu

Last edited:
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back