Replacement hob and oven in Ibiza

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have to replace the oven and hob in our Ibiza apartment.
The existing setup was a combined unit with the hob controls on the oven but the new is two separates.
The old hob/oven combo had two live and two neutral feeds with each pair put/crammed into a single connection in the wall plate.
The new hob has two live and two neutral connections and the new oven has a single live and neutral; so three of each in total.
Questions:
Was the old setup standard/correct?
Do I need three connections & trips on the CU for each live pair?
Or do I need a two/three phase setup to be correct?

Sponsored Links
I have to replace the oven and hob in our Ibiza apartment.
The existing setup was a combined unit with the hob controls on the oven but the new is two separates.
The old hob/oven combo had two live and two neutral feeds with each pair put/crammed into a single connection in the wall plate.
The new hob has two live and two neutral connections and the new oven has a single live and neutral; so three of each in total.
Questions:
Was the old setup standard/correct?
Do I need three connections & trips on the CU for each live pair?
Or do I need a two/three phase setup to be correct?
You wrote
The old hob/oven combo had two live and two neutral feeds. However, you did not specify how these were connected and to what.)
The new hob has two live and two neutral connections and the new oven has a single live and neutral.

Was the old setup standard/correct?(Who knows)
do I need a two/three phase setup to be correct? (Very doubtful.)

Without having any knowledge of the regulations pertaining in Spain, it should be obvious that if the supply conductors and circuit breakers were satisfactory for the previous situation at about the same amperage, these same conductors and circuit breakers should be satisfactory for the proposed set-up, providing that the ratings of the conductors/circuit breakers concerned are not exceeded.

Without much further information concerning the name plate-details and connections of all of the appliances concerned, I suggest that your best option would be to engage a competent local electrician.

Photos of the connections to each appliance (hob and oven) would be useful. Some European hobs are initially wired for 3-phase, and need the inputs modifying to work on single-phase supplies

Sponsored Links
Back