Replacement Hob Question of Available KW Load

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Yes, I know that - for explaining to people but when doing it yourself, which is quicker (shorter)

12800/230=55.7-10=45.7x0.3=13.7+10=23.7 or
12800/230=55.7x0.3=16.7+7=23.7

Not sure what the point is of you positing long incorrect formulae.

The OSG guidance formula is

12800/230=55.7x0.3=16.7+10=26.7

[actually it is worded 10 + (12800/230=55.7x0.3=16.7) ]

No - you are wrong. Leave the forum and do not return.

FYI - the same formula appears in the IET's Electrical Installation Design Guide and in Paul Cook's Commentary on IEE Wiring Regulations.

Seems you think an awful lot of people who ought to know what they are talking about are wrong

Last edited:
Alright, I should have known better than to assume the OSG was correct.

The formula for diversity is:

10 + (((12800/230=55.7)-10)x0.3=13.7)

Who says it is?

Who says that so many authoritative sources are wrong? What authority to they have to declare that? How and where have their charges been upheld?

Anyway, why are you looking in the OSG?
Don't you know it?

The standard wording is

the first 10A plus 30% of the remainder.

Anyway, why are you looking in the OSG?
I'm looking in the OSG to tell you what the formula in the OSG is. And yes, I do know it. But it seems you don't.

I'm looking in the OSG to tell you what the formula in the OSG is. And yes, I do know it. But it seems you don't.

I'm looking in the IEE Electrical Installation Design Guide to tell you what the formula in there is. And yes, I do know it. But it seems you don't.

I'm looking in Paul Cook's Commentary to tell you what the formula in there is. And yes, I do know it. But it seems you don't.

The standard wording is

the first 10A plus 30% of the remainder.
Not in the OSG.

Not in the IEE Electrical Installation Design Guide.

Not in Paul Cook's Commentary on IEE Wiring Regulations.

What "standard" are you relying on?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back