Replacement radiator is colder at bottom than it is at top.

Hi Agile

It was Danny that suggested a full service, so that I wasn't getting various different people doing little jobs. As I have a care plan with Alpha which includes and annual service, I am arranging with their local service agents to come out and do the service anyway. Whether this happens before or after Danny arrives, I don't know (assuming Danny still wants to come and look at it).

I was thinking it may just rule out something else for Danny.

And yes, Danny will hopefully be my saviour. Sometimes I don't engage brain before typing too quickly.

Thanks

Fluff

Sponsored Links
With a fault condition I would never assume a service has been done properly and would always check any aspects which could have a bearing on the fault condition.

If I remember there is a question about the modulation settings. I would never assume that had been done properly on a service.

Tony

Evening all,
Just having a couple of glasses of wine to celebrate.

DP came at fixed my problem system today - he is a genius. Heating now working better than ever.

The big question now is, can anyone have a good guess at how DP fixed it? Just for a bit of fun. :LOL:

fluff

• Thanks
Reactions: DP
Well there are too many pages, not that far short of a record perhaps, for me to read before making any guesses.

Early on I was rather concerned that the gas valve minimum settings may not have been correct and preventing full modulation.

But there is only one way to fix a boiler, and thats when standing in front of it.

If you dont get a solution to your question soon, then email me from my profile and tell me what the fix was. Then I will have another glass of wine to celebrate with you. Its 2008 Australian Yellowtail Chiraz, 13.5% .

Tony

Sponsored Links
Mrs and Mrs Fluff, your kind word and glowing report, not forgetting the excellent soup enough to bring the sun out on the wet and miserable day, not forgetting the smile on your face was the gold star in my diary.

Thanks

I am beginning to think they have entered into a conspiracy over a bowl of soup NOT to tell us what was the main fault !

Tony

If its so simple then Danny could post it for engineers only in the CC closed section of this site!

In the meantime they are just keeping us in suspenders.

Must get this to the 20th page!

Tony

I have a very similar sounding problem and would like to know the fix.

Please let us know..
A

Crikey , i read 10 pages at the start, then skipped to the end to see what the fix is?

There is no HJ action going on hear.

Just want the end to the story.

Or do i have to wait for the sequal?
:p

Dan, The pleasure was very much mine. It was great to see a competent professional at work who know what he was doing. The best decision that I have made in along time. My husband won't admit that I was right when I said that you were the best choice. It is now been turned around to us having made a joint decision to get you through to us. He thought that I was just wasting my life away on the forum for the last 9 months but it eventually came out well. Thank you very much and I would not hesitate for you to do any other fault finding on my system.

I will post the results of what was wrong tonight. Unless DP wishes to take the lead and post in engineers speak? Although, I think I will manage quite well.

Fluff :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back