Replacement Solid Floor Insulation Options

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
House renovation with new extension
New Floor / oversight on new extended room
Replacement floor on existing part of house , with new oversight /membrane. Floor being hacked up

Underfloor heating within new screed on all ground floor on one level

Assuming Finished floor levels are correct and thought about, it would help if thinner insulation's used on the existing house.

As opposed to 100mm or 120mm celotex are there thinner alternatives that give simular U values??

It would be good if I could use 75mm or even 50mm would be helpful ??

Sponsored Links
Doubt you’d get away with much less than 100mm PIR if you’re doing it to building regs

Did mine last year when had the extension, took up existing floor in kitchen and it had to be 100mm of celotex, that was under former building regs, might be even more now new regs apply.

Thanks for your replies
But isn’t there insulation that is more compact that has better u value rating.??
Therefore 75mm of it would equal your standard 100mm cellotex rating.
This is the specific question I’m asking ?

Sponsored Links
Aerogel is supposed to offer better performance than celotex or similar, so can be used thinner. However,
A) it's incredibly expensive
B)not sure it's suitable for floors
C)there is some scepticism as to how much better it actually is

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back