Replacing 2 gang, 2 way light switch

Right.

Straw clutching. Do the lights go out when the two reds are not connected to the switch?
Mark the one that is in with the link.
Remove both of them.
Put them in separate connector blocks before switching on the power.

Do the other lights still go on and of. They shouldn't.

Cheers EFLI,

Not sure I understood that but when I isolate the live (red) wire from both L connections none of the lights come on.

Sponsored Links
I'm stumped.

Take the red out of 'X' on the right hand switch.

If the right hand lights go out and the left hand lights work properly then it MUST be the right hand switch.

I can't explain your swapping the switches and working the same.

Hi folks,

Thanks again for almost all your suggestions. It turns out knowall was spot on, his wiring suggestion was correct.

The problem was with the sealed LED lights the previous tenant installed on the right hand side of the room. They have built in transformers that are incompatible with the RF dimmer switch.

Cheers,
A

Hi folks,

Thanks again for almost all your suggestions. It turns out knowall was spot on, his wiring suggestion was correct.

The problem was with the sealed LED lights the previous tenant installed on the right hand side of the room. They have built in transformers that are incompatible with the RF dimmer switch.

Cheers,
A

AlexHUK, thank you for your acknowledgement and well done you for diagnosing the problem without any"help" from the supportive, and happy go lucky forum members! Happy New Year - Kevin Allwood aka Knowall

:unsure:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back