Replacing 2 roof tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Just recently replaced the fascia board behind my guttering. I have found that two of the tiles are missing\ and or broken

tiles.jpg

Someone had bodged it with some lead flashing but water is running down the back of the fascia board which will damage the wall.

The tiles are fixed with a small metal hook in the top middle, whats the easiest way I can replace these two tiles? No one will be able to see it, so im more interested in it working than matching the existing tiles.

Sponsored Links
Leave the lead, but if it is really the cause of water running down the fascia, then adjust it so water runs into the gutter.

Slates wont do anything that the lead does not do, but will mean a lot more messing about for no gain.

I think the water is running under the lead in the top middle, where half of the tile has broken away. The water runs behind the fascia board directly underneath that section. Maybe I need a bigger bit of lead.

Sponsored Links
They are cement fibre slates. get hold of a slate ripper and get the broken bits out.
They can be secured invisibly .fiddly but not difficult

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back