Replacing a chicken run with a shed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good day all

About 10 years ago I built a 5m x 10m chicken run which had an internal height of about 2m
Not sure if I needed planning but no one complained and I think there is a 7 year rule somewhere..

Now I want to take it down and replace it with a shed of the same dimensions

Do I need to worry about planning? Is it possible to claim it's a replacement structure although not type for type ie a shed for a chicken run?

Cheers

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
If they didn't complain about a 50 sq meter chicken run i doubt they will be offended by a shed in it's place.

If they didn't complain about a 50 sq meter chicken run i doubt they will be offended by a shed in it's place.
a light airy structure where perhaps a bit off chicken wire is visible just above the fence line is vastly different to a structure covering quite a big area if in a possibly small to average garden ??

Sponsored Links
a light airy structure where perhaps a bit off chicken wire is visible just above the fence line is vastly different to a structure covering quite a big area if in a possibly small to average garden ??
But no smell or noise of chickens or even a Rooster anymore, i know which i would prefer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back