Replacing a Hot Tap and a Cold Tap with 2 mixer taps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear All,

First of all, I hope you are having a lovely day! Thank you in advance for stopping by and reading this.

I realise my title may sound a little odd. I am clearly no expert, and my husband is actually doing the DIY for a mini kitchen makeover. He is very skilled and has already fitted sink and taps for us (a few years ago).

The latest mini makeover is just to change the taps - I don't want to change the sink; however, I currently have separate taps installed in my kitchen - one hot tap and one cold tap. They are not a standard distance apart.

The water connections are flexible metal pipes with individual cut off valves, so the water can be cut off without using the stopcock. The system is gravity fed, and I have a standard boiler i.e. not a combi.

Because I can't find standard taps that I like (I really want a pull-out cold water tap - and can't find those as separates), I have a few queries;

1) How can we connect the two water pipes so I can have a monoblock mixer tap installed and blank / block off the other tap "hole" in the sink? If that is even possible.

2) Is it possible to install 2 monoblock mixer taps one to the cold water pipe and one to the hot water pipe and block off the second connection in each mixer tap so they operate as separate taps?

3) Is is possible to install one of those pull-out taps for the cold supply and a matching "standard" hot tap - if so, who sells them?

With hopeful thanks in advance,

Kiki

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Hi Sajeel,
Thank you for the reply. I think you have solved the query. Thank you so much for your time. (however, I reserve the option to pop back here and add a bonus query!)
Have a super day,
Claudine
:0)

Sponsored Links
Its not as easy as that, if you have a sink with two tap holes yes you can blank one, but doesnt mean the the hole will be big enough to accept a single mixer tap, most require a hole diameter of 35mm, unlikely that you will have that

Depends on how old sink is and the main goal is to be able to pass space for two pipes if the original bracket cant be used then then the shank and bolt can be used and the plate and rubber may require modification an angle grinder can trim plate and you can cut rubber seal with knife in worst scenario

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back