Replacing a mobile phone screen

WSB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Tripped over with my Huawei Y6s in my pocket today and smashed the screen.
It's a couple of years old but been the best I've had, especially as it still runs nice and quick, so reluctant to replace it.
Any idea how much it costs for a replacement screen?
How easy it is to do yourself or how much I can expect to pay someone for the labour.
Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Tripped over with my Huawei Y6s in my pocket today and smashed the screen.
It's a couple of years old but been the best I've had, especially as it still runs nice and quick, so reluctant to replace it.
Any idea how much it costs for a replacement screen?
How easy it is to do yourself or how much I can expect to pay someone for the labour.
Thanks!
I popped down to the local hardware shop and bought a small piece of 4mm clear and a tube of clear silicone. Piece of cake really. :oops:

Honestly, why bother.

• Thanks
Reactions: WSB
Getting near impossible to open phones and you will cause damage. Then to get apart and replace screen is tricky then you run risk of WiFi or signal trouble or other problem because of poor connection.

Better to buy second hand Huawei Y6s or but xiaomi or other new phone imo.

By the time you buy screen and mess up the fitting you will be hacked off regretting it

• Thanks
Fair enough. Was just getting an idea of the feasibility of it.
Got one quote by a local company of £65 so far.
Looks like it's not going to be worth it.
I've got a sim only deal with tesco mobile since i finished paying off this phone so looking at simply buying a replacement now and continuing sim only.

Any good recommendations for buying android handsets? Nothing fancy.

Sponsored Links
Any good recommendations for buying android handsets? Nothing fancy

I bought a Samsung A32 for around £200 SIM free, it’s not a bad phone for the price, been around long enough for firmware updates to get rid of most glitches.

I can’t be done with paying £30, £40 a month whatever for a top end phone, I‘ll probably only drop or lose.

Xiaomi seem to be well regarded.

Just make sure it has all the features you want.

• Thanks
I've had a couple of screens changed in a high street phone shop.
Drop it in and collect in half an hour's time.
But I can't remember the cost.

• Thanks
Looks fine to me

Actually, I've found the camera is a bit rubbish in low light, and the flash doesn't seem to help. I don't know if I'm doing it wrong, as I take very few photos.

• Thanks
Fair enough. Was just getting an idea of the feasibility of it.
For an idea about the feasibility, there are a few YouTube videos showing the complexities involved - for example:

As mentioned by everyone else, it would be simpler to get a new phone - but for a learning experience it may be satisfying! ;)

• Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back