REPLACING A SUPPLY

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
THE problem is one of my rented properties got turned in to a cannabis factory and the police arrested the teneants and i got my house back in a state but the supply mains cable had benn cut off from the point where it enters the storage room and the mains service head removed. does any one know how much it will cost to replace the supply and does a new supply hav to be bought in? the properties in north london

thanks

Sponsored Links
If the cable has been cut inside, then it will also have been disconnected elsewhere (in the street/underground), so a new supply will be required, and it will cost a lot - 4 figures most likely.

Yes it will require a new cable from where it has been cut outside, you'll probably also need to get the internal wiring checked as well.
Price as mentioned possibly 4 figures

thanks guys but why did they cut the cable inside and any rough ideas of a cost? even though its not my fault and what do i have to do to get the wiring chcked? any spcial certificates also hpw long do i have to wait to get connected?

many thanks

Sponsored Links
thanks guys but why did they cut the cable inside
To ensure the people collecting evidence after the raid are not electrocuted and to protect the property and evidence from damage should the electrics create a fire.

If the cable has been cut inside, then it will also have been disconnected elsewhere (in the street/underground), so a new supply will be required, and it will cost a lot - 4 figures most likely.
If the cut ends inside the building were made safe after the police raid then the supply cable would not need to be dissed outside the building.

Maybe the supply was dissed outside the building prior to the raid to reduce the risks to the people involved in the raid.

But yes four figures for a new connection if it is needed.

A good insurance policy for let property might have paid for the necessary repairs.

thanks guys but why did they cut the cable inside
To ensure the people collecting evidence after the raid are not electrocuted and to protect the property and evidence from damage should the electrics create a fire.

In a lot of these cases interference takes place and meters are bypassed so the meter position is removed as evidence. (it is not unknown for joints to be made on the cable beneath floors either)
Also when a supply is cut outside it is standard practice to cut the service cable as close to the entry point as possible.

thanks for the help gents

ps do you know how long you have to wait for them 2 kum put a new supply in?

hanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back