Replacing a window trim?

Hpd

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A gentleman has tried to break in to my house over night and has damaged one trim on a PVC double glazed window. I have called a local firm to see if I can get a replacement trim but have been told that there are hundreds and it wouldn't be possible.

Does anyone have any advice on how to source one? or is it possible to replace all the trims on this window with new ones? Or am I actually needing an entirely new window?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
A gentleman has tried to break in to my house over night and has damaged one trim on a PVC double glazed window. I have called a local firm to see if I can get a replacement trim but have been told that there are hundreds and it wouldn't be possible.

Does anyone have any advice on how to source one? or is it possible to replace all the trims on this window with new ones? Or am I actually needing an entirely new window?

Thanks

It depends what you mean by trim.

an actual plant on trim -used to cover gap at brickwork junctions

a glazing bead trim -used to hold glass in place

the external cill

It depends what you mean by trim.

an actual plant on trim -used to cover gap at brickwork junctions

a glazing bead trim -used to hold glass in place

the external cill
It’s the glazing bead which holds the glass in place, it’s been completely bent out of shape

Ah ok, yes glazing beads are profile specific.

If its a window still in manufacture, you might be able to getnit.

An old window, unlikely.

Is the make printed anywhere in the frame rebate?

Sponsored Links
I can’t seem to find anything printed on/in the window frame. I guess i’ll need a whole new window! Thanks for the info.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back