Replacing Alarm Panel - External Sounder Hold Off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all; long time reader; first time poster here!

I am in the process of replacing my old alarm panel (FM4000E) with a Texecom Premier Elite but have hit a bit of a snag with the external alarm sounder. I've basically realised I cant' remove the panel without setting off the external bell box and sadly I live in a block of flats with the bell box in the hallway which is quite deafening.... Therefore I have a few questions:

1. Does anyone recognise what model of bell box this is? I believe this was installed in 1999 under the previous owners so this might be a push. I have sadly tried to find it to no avail.
2. It's my understanding that I can keep it in hold off via connecting +12V & -12v to the battery. However the alarm manual has somewhat confused me; is it the light blue or black wire (4 or 5) for negative? (with + being red).

I did try to remove the external sounder cover briefly to disconnect the internal battery but it was encased & given I live in a block of flats I had to quickly put the cover back on to avoid deafening the neighbours.

Thank you!

Attachments

• wiring.JPG
    wiring.JPG
    278.1 KB · Views: 128
  • wiring diagram.png
    wiring diagram.png
    97 KB · Views: 125
  • external alarm-min.jpg
    external alarm-min.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 125
Sponsored Links
Looks similar to a rapier but the light appears to be in the wrong place from the models i can find images of.

You are keeping this bell box yes?

The way i read that is there is no link between 5 and 4 therefor what ever is in 5 should be the -ve of the SAB.

Whatever you end up doing get an email address for Fiona Bruce and get that bad boy onto the telly! :D

Sponsored Links
If its 1999 vintage I'm surprised that the battery in the bell box is still good!
I moved house in 1992 and the buyers didn't want the 6ish year old alarm system so I removed it. 1996 I helped at a stand at NEC and slung it in as a temp system for a week, there was still a reasonaable charge in the battery having stood unused for 3.5 years. About 2010 I re-installed it and was surprised the bell rang when the link inserted. It's tested each year and the bell still rings for 20 minutes.
I'm referring to the nicads in bell box, the panel battery has been replaced several times.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back