Replacing an Electric Stove

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We're currently replacing our aging electric stove, my wife wants a gas stove this time and so I've now had a gas outlet installed behind the existing stove in readiness. This means however that the current stove will no longer push all the way back to the wall where it was before the outlet arrived.

What is bothering me is the size of the gas stove and how it will fit.

We're in Canada.

Do gas stoves have some sort of recess at the back so they will fit around/over the gas outlet?
Do I need to be concerned about this when selecting a stove?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Normal you would expect the inlet connection to be located and a recessed area to allow this connection, without restricting the appliance being flush to the wall.

By the way, is this stove for heating or cooking?

Sorry, I can see that the term 'stove' could be confusing - it refers here to a combined oven and hob for cooking, the oven is electric and the hob gas. Is 'range' a better term?

I'm concerned about it fitting because at floor level there is a gas outlet and a large electrical socket. The combination of gas/electric though is very common and all such units require both outlets and all must have to fit around them so maybe I'm worry about nothing, all because the existing all electric stove won't fit!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back