Replacing Danfoss TP9000MA with Hive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I'm hoping this is a simple question.

I'm looking to replace my existing Danfoss TP9000MA with a Hive dual zone system. I have an unvented hot water system so would be buying the dual channel version.

My understanding is that the wiring for the programmer is a straight swap for the Hive with the exception of the two additional wires for the remote sensor. So my question is, what do i need to do with those two additional wires? Just leave them disconnected at the progammer end?

The fact my house runs a dual zone setup with, does this have any baring on the wiring and/or installation? I've not yet been able to find that out. I have a Danfosse wireless controler for the second zone if this makes any difference. I'm assuming that wirelessly connects to the wired controller somehow.

Any help much appreciated.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I've actually found that my second zone is not wireless. Its a battery powered switch i think - Danfoss TP4000/5000/5000si (one of those according tot he lable).

So much depends on the boiler, EPH do a master/slave thermostat that can do two zones with Opentherm, there is another who does a zone system, so three outputs, but for most you need a single central central heating zone.

The idea is the TRV forms multi zones so no point forming sub zones I like the idea of Hive, not a clue if it works, but idea is the Hive TRV head sends a demand for heat to wall thermostat, personally think it is a bit expensive and not OpenTherm plus reports of poor connection to hub, so may need the extra strong hub Hive does, but never the less seems a reasonable system.

I am however a fine one to talk, I went with Nest and it simply fails to connect to the TRV in a reliable way.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back