Replacing DG units.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone. Some advice needed if possible. I intend to replace a few misted units into hardwood frames. In the past I have used butyl putty but intend to use security glazing tape to stick the inside face of the units to the inside of the rebates. One thing I am not sure about is do I will still be left with a 5mm gap all around the edge of the unit. Do I use any tape on this part of the unit. Hope this is easy enough to understand. I mean the edge of the units that has the brown seal all around it and sits on packers at the bottom edge of the unit. Any advice appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Nothing around the edge, You want an air gap around the unit.
Do the windows have drainage holes? If not you may want to think about drilling some while the units are out.

Thanks for the reply Gazman. The only reason I asked was I have seen something called EDPM take and wondered if that was what it was used for. I do not think Their are any drainage holes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back