Replacing flow manifold - Worcester Greenstar Junior 28i

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you're competent, but don't know the safety checks that are supposed to be carried out once you've opened the sealed combustion chamber?

Prat.

Sponsored Links
So you're competent, but don't know the safety checks that are supposed to be carried out once you've opened the sealed combustion chamber?

Prat.

By "sealed" you mean 4 screws that protect a combustion chamber that was completely undisturbed throughout the entire process and were screwed back in, with no sign of carbon monoxide leak.

I suppose you thought I'd take the front cover off and think to myself "what's all this stuff up the top of the boiler where the gas pipe goes to? Dunno.... let's take it all apart to see what it does!"

What a complete ****!

Honestly, the number of knob-heads you find on these forums is frightening!

What does a carbon monoxide leak look like then Bellend?

I wouldn't know mate.....my Nest Protect and backup British gas carbon monoxide alarm haven't detected any! :rolleyes:

If it makes you feel better, my hobs are burning a nice crisp blue flame, there is no "dark staining" around my appliances, and there's no increased condensation on the inside of my windows........ wait.... have you just spotted that I'm a "google warrior" as you like to put it?

It's a wonderful thing when you have so much "free" knowledge at your fingertips isn't it! :cool:

Don't get me wrong....knowledge can be a very dangerous thing.....which is why I'd refer to reliable sources before attempting any work on my boiler.....sources like the Worcester Bosch website for example, as opposed to "http://www.freds-diy-boilerfixes.com"

but then if you were a "google warrior" (and not sitting on your high-horse) you'd know that...mate

Sponsored Links
What does a carbon monoxide leak look like then Bellend?

since you ask

sample port.jpg
from https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/problem-after-boiler-service.451350/

The other poster has zero concern for me or my family.... he just doesn't like the idea that people are willing to have a go at doing something pretty straightforward, which means £200 hasn't gone to him or another fellow boiler engineers pocket.

My theory is that this type of issue (apparently quite common on the WB green stars) are his "bread and butter" and he probably earns a fortune every week swapping them out, so maybe a little concerned that someone with zero training has come on a "DIY" forum telling people how easy it is :D
Unfortunately you also get people who are scared their livelihood is at risk if people start having a go at doing simple jobs that they charge a lot of money for!

:rolleyes: eh ???? what are you on about :confused:
Don't get me wrong....knowledge can be a very dangerous thing.
glad you realise that , now take your own advise :rolleyes:
I wouldn't know mate.....my Nest Protect and backup British gas carbon monoxide alarm haven't detected any! :rolleyes:

If it makes you feel better, my hobs are burning a nice crisp blue flame, there is no "dark staining" around my appliances, and there's no increased condensation on the inside of my windows........ wait.... have you just spotted that I'm a "google warrior" as you like to put it?

It's a wonderful thing when you have so much "free" knowledge at your fingertips isn't it! :cool:

Don't get me wrong....knowledge can be a very dangerous thing.....which is why I'd refer to reliable sources before attempting any work on my boiler.....sources like the Worcester Bosch website for example, as opposed to "http://www.freds-diy-boilerfixes.com"

but then if you were a "google warrior" (and not sitting on your high-horse) you'd know that...mate

are you quite finished yet :ROFLMAO: ,your still a danger to yourself ,your nan and your family ,simples ;) and you know it and your justifying your actions ;):ROFLMAO:

don't worry because jpowell79 has a monoxide alarm :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: ,

jpowell79 stop being a danger to yourself and others ;)

Ok I'm bored of this now, so you can post what you want. Very easy job done, and saved myself a lot of money. We both know there's no danger with the particular job I did. No disruption to the gas feed, the burner, the flue, the combustion chamber or anything else that could pose a danger... 4 screws back in.... boiler good as new. No sign of CO from any detector.... piece of pi$$ job that anyone with a brain could do, but are often scared off by wallys like yourself.... in fact I might even write up a detailed step-by-step "how to" guide for others to save some money to avoid it going into the pockets of ****s like AGAS and ET GO HOME :D

Might do the same for the divertor valve as well, which is another ridiculously simple job I could do with my eyes closed (y)

Ok I'm bored of this now, so you can post what you want. Very easy job done, and saved myself a lot of money. We both know there's no danger with the particular job I did. No disruption to the gas feed, the burner, the flue, the combustion chamber or anything else that could pose a danger... 4 screws back in.... boiler good as new. No sign of CO from any detector.... piece of pi$$ job that anyone with a brain could do, but are often scared off by wallys like yourself.... in fact I might even write up a detailed step-by-step "how to" guide for others to save some money to avoid it going into the pockets of ****s like AGAS and ET GO HOME :D

Might do the same for the divertor valve as well, which is another ridiculously simple job I could do with my eyes closed (y)

Wrong, you did disturb the combustion chamber seals as that casing forms the seal hence the need for safety checks to prove it's all satisfactory. No-one is questioning your ability to change a water part...they are a peice of p1ss aye, I think your missing the point.

Wrong, you did disturb the combustion chamber seals as that casing forms the seal hence the need for safety checks to prove it's all satisfactory. No-one is questioning your ability to change a water part...they are a peice of p1ss aye, I think your missing the point.

Look I understand what you are saying, but my point is that the "condition" of the boiler is no different now to what it would have been before I took off the casing. You surely are not telling me that removing 4 screws has somehow altered the state of the boiler?

If there is a problem with my boiler, then it's a problem that was ALREADY there.... not a problem that has been introduced by me swapping out a manifold. Like I say it's in no different state to what it was before i started.

When I get it serviced in July (and yes AGAS, I do get the boiler serviced annually as I think it not only makes sense to have it tested annually with all of the proper equipment, but also prolongs the life of the boiler... plus with our boiler in the loft, if I didn't get it serviced it would just get forgotten about until a problem occurs)

Like I say... my point was that by me carefully swapping out a manifold, I haven't suddenly INTRODUCED an issue that will put my life at risk!

ooo you clever boy , oh your good (y)
in fact I might even write up a detailed step-by-step "how to" guide for others to save some money to avoid it going into the pockets of ****s like AGAS and ET GO HOME :D
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

you just don't get it do you , never mind but i do feel sorry for you thou . anyway if the repairs were so simple why were you asking for advice in the first place ;) . you've got a lot to learn little boy and you fail to see the consequences which is sad really thinking about it , and please try and think about it , boy ;) .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back