Replacing gas hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We are in the process of replacing our gas hob with an induction one.

Looking at the wiring (20 year old kitchen) the cooker runs off a 32A RCD to a kitchen switch. When I look in the cupboard they wired this to a dual gang socket which the hob and oven plugs in to.

The wiring is 6mm to the switches.

I can swap the switches for one of these CLICK POLAR 45A EASY FIT DUAL APPLIANCE OUTLET PLATE and wire up the new appliances.

My new oven is 3.5Kw and the hob is 7.3kw.

s3.jpg s2.jpg s1.jpg

Sponsored Links
Your cooker circuit can have both the new oven and hob connected via a dual appliance outlet plate.

Just to help, if you need to talk about it to anyone, the 32A thing is an MCB (Miniature Circuit Breaker).

Many thanks for these replies. I've now got the hob and oven and reading the manual it says it wants H05BB-F or H03V2V2-F cable. I've read a few posts on here saying standard T+E has been used for years so its fine but I'd rather be safe.

Also is there max distance from the MCB to the oven? The MCB is next to the hob and the oven is in a housing about 1.5 metres away.

Sponsored Links
I've now got the hob and oven and reading the manual it says it wants H05BB-F or H03V2V2-F cable. I've read a few posts on here saying standard T+E has been used for years so its fine but I'd rather be safe.
That cable is rated for a slightly higher temperature than T&E,
Up to you but why not use the recommended cable?

Also is there max distance from the MCB to the oven? The MCB is next to the hob and the oven is in a housing about 1.5 metres away.
There is depending on the cable and current but that is unlikely to be relevant for what you are doing.

Do you mean MCB - Miniature Circuit Breaker? Why is it next to the hob?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back