Replacing Honeywell BDR91 with Hive Active Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm trying to replace a Honeywell BDR91 Thermostat with a Hive Active Heating one. The relay box for my Honeywell had wires going into the following (pic attached)

N
L
A
B

I attempted to match to Hive as follows (pic attached)

N
L
A=1 (common)
B=3 (heating ON)

However no power seems to be coming into the relay box for the hive when i turn on the power, just wanted to see if there was anything wrong with my wiring? (I'm goint to attempt to re-insert the wires just incase of loose connection)

Any ideas /suggestions would be great!

Thanks

Attachments

• HoneyWellWiringBDR91.jpg
    HoneyWellWiringBDR91.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 857
  • HiveWiring.jpg
    HiveWiring.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 662
Sponsored Links
first thing to do is check that any MCBs at the main consumer unit havent tripped while you have been touching the wiring some are very sensitive, your wiring looks correct, if you have a multi meter test for 240vAC between L and N

Thanks,

I'm a novice when it comes to electrics but glad you think the wiring looks ok.

I did turn off the trip switch to the boiler before I started, once I was finished I turned it back and the boiler came on but no power to the hive relay.

I don't have a multimeter but will get one if thats the next thing I could try, with the boiler coming on does that not indicate power going through? or is it separate to the Hive Relay (apologies if that is a silly question!)

Sponsored Links
All depends on how it was originally wired, most external controls and the boiler all take their supply from the same source but yours wouldn't be the first to be wired differently,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back