replacing kitchen sink amateur

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Looking for a spot of advice please

My parents have an old kitchen and not a lot of money. Looking to replace ageing sink unit next week and have got one from B & Q and some nice worktop. My question is about when I replace / undo the taps. I know I need to turn the stopcock off and run off the water but do we need to turn boiler off too - they have a combination ideal response se boiler and I know that when, in the past the pressure has dropped the boiler switches down until it is re pressurised anyway - so is turning boiler off best option and if so is it easy to turn back on or would it just drain down as it does when pressure drops in which case I can just fix sink then turn stopcock on and re pressurise hope this makes sense

many thanks

Karl

Sponsored Links
Turn the water off at the stopcock, and switch the boiler off too.
When you remove the taps you'll get a bit of residual water draining down, but not much.
As your boiler is a combi, the hot water tap can be treated in the same way as the cold. The boiler pressure won't be affected - this is only relevant on the central heating side.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back