Replacing LED bulbs and can't find an alternative

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've recently moved into a new home and the previous owner has LED's in all the bedrooms and within several weeks some of them have blown (about 3). I've removed one of the bulbs and can see ETON GU5050D WW 240V 50Hz Dimmable. I've been online and even if I search for GU5050D all I get returned is GU10's. All I'm after is a replacement for the GU5050D, can anyone help? Are the GU5050D no longer sold and if so what is the replacement part? Thanks in advance, sitting in a rapidly getting darker room.

Sponsored Links
If your not fussy about them matching any Led GU10 DIMMABLE, Warm white LED will do, do they need to dim?
If you want similar post a pic of an old one, alternatively change one whole room to the same type, using the old working ones to patch up the other rooms

Do they look like these ,out of stock here, but note the part code
https://www.ukelectricalsupplies.com/eton-5w-warm-white-dimmable-gu10-led-bulb.htm

Not the best make, 55 Lumens less, but cheap
https://www.screwfix.com/p/lap-gu10-led-light-bulb-345lm-5w-10-pack/1402v

Last edited:
Thanks 333Rocky333, pictures supplied.
bulb2.PNG
bulb1.PNG

Sponsored Links
Them ones with loads of leds do tend to fail quick, thats what the 5050 likely means, the Leds are 50 x 50 square,lamp technology has moved on now, most now have a single Led in the middle, with a Multi Faceted Reflector, so as well as better when on they also look good when off, personally i would do a room at a time with the screwfix ones or similar and patch up the other rooms with any you take out that still work.
Avoid any ones like you have that are cheap on Ebay or Amazon, look for Gu10 COB Lamps, warm white,
If on a Dimmer then Dimmable

eton-GU10-5WD-WW-5w-warm-white-dimmable-gu10-led-bulb-1-large.jpg

Cheers for the advice, I’ve gone for the screw fix ones in silver.

only difference I see is 3.8watt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers for the advice, I’ve gone for the screw fix ones in silver.

only difference I see is 3.8watt.

Likely the Phillips one then, they work out dearer but are better brand so hopefully more reliable.
Dont worry to much about the wattage, go by the LUMENS, you will see that the dearer 3.8W has the equivalent rating of the cheaper 5W.
I think you will find them brighter and show up your existing ones :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back