replacing my thermal store and boiler…Help in specifying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why should plastic be any different to copper tube?
The jury is out on this, does copper kill bacteria, does it have to be wet or dry, but as a starting point for your own research :-

http://investmentwatchblog.com/copper-kills-99-9-of-bacteria-within-two-hours/
Must google everything.
Bet you are a great laughs doon the pub.
" I had steak for dinner tonight" 5 minutes later your reply. " did you know the worlds rainforests are in danger due to beef farming? And that the optimum temperature to cook a steak is 83.75deg and that the best griddle is 11.4mmthick and that if you don't cook it right there are loads of bacteria blah blah blah..........?"

Sponsored Links
shambolic wrote: 'Must google everything. Bet you are a great laughs doon the pub'.

Bernard knew more than you for sure. Maybe you should expand your mind and do some Googling. You would be far better off if you spent your time Googling instead of wasting it throwing insults at those whop are more knowledgeable than yourself. Try Googling how a Systemate works.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
bernardgreen wrote 'Copper and micro-biology, basis knowledge obtained from a previous employment ( food processing equipment )'

Yes, I recall copper can kill bacteria. So a copper coil for instantly heated hot water or a coil only for a shower is the way to go. But Bernard, there is always a but, in a hard water area the scale will form a barrier from the fresh water when it forms a lining inside the copper coil, and it is then there no different to plastic. The expansion and contraction of plastic pipe will ensure no scale build up. The longevity of plastic is the only point that matters.

There are plastic hot water cylinders around. A "plastic" thermal store using coils.....
http://en.rotex-heating.com/products/hot-water-storage-tank.html
Neat....
http://en.rotex-heating.com/products/boiler/gas-condensing.html

Last edited:
All the advanced stuff is foreign, while Britain and its tradesmen stay in the 1950s. The Czech pcb made the Systemate, one pcb that controls all of the heating and hot water in a place. The pcb is used by many makers on the Continent; a ~25-30 year old device! Any maker can use it. And now these plastic products, all Continental. The most advanced boilers available in Britain are not made here either. The same with the control gear. They have just got over the shock of dropping lead piping and galvanised cold water tanks. :) It is sad really.

I know in Germany their apprenticeship schemes are far more involved and advanced than here. Education, education, education.

creamcrackers, The temperatures around the Systemate can be seen from the LED on the pcb. If the plate heat exchanger is scaled up it is a simple matter of screwing one in and out. That is a DIY job. The water on the heating rads side is separate to the water in the Systemate's cylinder.

The temperature at the shower or hot water tap is what I asked, has it been checked. its such an easy job to check the temperature but many people forget the basics.

:LOL: yeah @shambolic, what do you know :LOL:

FFS, priceless. :ROFLMAO:
I worked on thousands of systemates, boiler mates, boiler mate 2000s etc nothing but fecking bother with sensors and pumps and pcbs forever fecking up.
Not to mention the whole upstairs of the house too warm in summer due to this massive big storage tank radiating heat.
I give up. I really do:(

shambolic wrote: 'Must google everything. Bet you are a great laughs doon the pub'.

Bernard knew more than you for sure. Maybe you should expand your mind and do some Googling. You would be far better off if you spent your time Googling instead of wasting it throwing insults at those whop are more knowledgeable than yourself. Try Googling how a Systemate works.
Ps what systemate? The A class? The boiler mate, boiler mate 2000 etc? Yeah let's put 3 grundfos pumps, 4 sensors and a plate heat exchanger all controlled by a PCB that doesn't know if it's new year or New York.
They were ****e.
I'd rather have gravity hot water, pumped central heating in my hoose

Ps what systemate? The A class? The boiler mate, boiler mate 2000 etc? Yeah let's put 3 grundfos pumps, 4 sensors and a plate heat exchanger all controlled by a PCB that doesn't know if it's new year or New York.
They were ****e.
I'd rather have gravity hot water, pumped central heating in my hoose
You've forgotten the Electramate with the self igniting contactors...

Were they as good as the Pulsecoil? :LOL:

Was it the Accolade they flogged to inner city developers trying to shoe horn flats into areas where the gas supply couldn't service the building? Have a couple of developments in Camden and Victoria that had dealings with Gledhill thermal stores. All ripped out and replaced with stand alone electric boilers and Unvented cylinders.

(y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back