Replacing old Mk Cooker Switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Does anyone know where i can get a like for like replacement for the attached image please?

I want to try to get the same one because I don't want to mess about with re-tiling.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
deadshort, yes it is, i have contacted them and they said they dont do them anymore, they showed me an alternative, buts its a different size.

It looks like it's a surface mounted one.

Has it been tiled behind?

If it has been tiled behind, you may be able to fit a smaller modern one (the type that are the same size as a regular double socket).

I seem to recall that the particular product that you have there actually fits over a regular double flushed in box - not that this will help you as yours looks surface mounted.

You could always get a piece of white uPVC about 6 mm thick made the same size as the old switch, fit that to the wall to cover any damage, then fit a new, smaller box and faceplate over this.

Sparkwright, it isnt tiled behind and your suggestion of using uPVC is a good one if i cant get a like for like replacement.

It is surface mounted.

Thanks

As it's surface mounted would a slightly larger unit be a huge problem? Crabtree still do an oversized unit and the surface backboxes to suit, but as said above, is there a desperate need to replace it assuming it still works properly?

Hi,

Yes its faulty, the cooker switch is stuck on so the light is always on.

I don't think a slightly bigger one would be a huge problem, I will look into a Crabtree one then.

Thanks

Hi,

Yes its faulty, the cooker switch is stuck on so the light is always on.

Thanks

Probably bunged up with cooking fat etc. Remove it, carefully degrease etc and probably be good for another 20 years.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back