Replacing Patio - Cellar Vent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I'm just starting out with redoing the patio in my back garden as the original and addition section had all moved and most of the concrete pavers were rocking.

I've pulled the old patio up and i think i know where I'm heading with the new one apart from one bit. There is a grate which drops down just under a meter, running across the void are the conduits for the garage power and main gas supply. About half way down there is an air brick which goes into the cellar next to the gas meter and is the only ventilation into the cellar.

I'm looking for a solution to make this a bit neater above ground when i re-lay the patio... i guess it still needs to be vented for the cellar. I have looked at some manhole covers as this would be an easy fit with them having a frame i can set into the patio however i don't think they will provide enough ventilation.

The current grate measures approx. 500x350.

Any advice and suggestions would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Patio Grate.jpg
    Patio Grate.jpg
    629.4 KB · Views: 229
Sponsored Links
I would be looking to see if it's viable to lift the existing grate up so it sits flush with the new patio and giving it a lick of paint to smarten it up

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back